Deadline: 10th of January 2022
The possibilities of the guitar are endless. The poetry these six strings can create goes beyond words. We want to encourage composers to write for the classical guitar by organizing our second Composition Contest! Composers all over the world regardless of age are more than welcome to apply. Take a look at the rules below and let us know if you have any questions!
Information & Rules
- The winner gets offered a publishing contract with the Dutch contemporary publisher; Donemus.
- The winning work will be premiered at Groningen Guitar Festival 2022.
- A video recording of the piece will be published on all of DGF’s online platforms.
- A cash prize of 500 euros.
- Siccas Guitars will select their favorite composition from the 10 top rated compositions by the jury.
- Kristina Vårlid will record this composition in the recording studio at Siccas Guitars.
- The composition has to be for solo classical guitar.
- The duration of the piece can be max. 7 minutes in one or more movements.
- The composition has to be unpublished.
- All nationalities and ages can apply.
- Composers may submit more than one work, but they have to register and pay for them separately.
- An audio recording (midi file or live recording) of the composition needs to be sent in alongside the written score.
- The jury will consist of several internationally acclaimed guitarists and composers with the renowned Stephen Goss as jury president.
- The composer’s name will be anonymous to the jury.
- The application is only valid after the registration fee of 50 euros has been received.
Winner of the DGF’s Composition Contest 2021!