DGF’s Composition Contest
Deadline: 20th of January 2021
The possibilities of the guitar are endless. The poetry these six strings can create goes beyond words. We want to encourage composers to write for the classical guitar by organizing our first Composition Contest! Composers all over the world regardless of age are more than welcome to apply. Take a look at the rules below and let us know if you have any questions!
Information & Rules
- The winner gets offered a publishing contract with the Dutch contemporary publisher; Donemus.
- The winning work will be premiered at Groningen Guitar Festival 2021 by Kristina Vårlid and a video recording of the piece will be published on all of DGF’s online platforms.
- A cash prize of 500 euros.
- The composition has to be for solo classical guitar.
- The duration of the piece can be max. 7 minutes in one or more movements.
- The composition has to be unpublished.
- All nationalities and ages can apply.
- Composers may submit more than one work, registering and paying the fee for each of them separately.
- An audio recording (midi file or live recording) of the composition needs to be sent in alongside the written score.
- The jury will consist of several internationally acclaimed guitarists and composers with the renowned Stephen Goss as jury president.
- The composer’s name will be anonymous to the jury.
- The application is only valid after the registration fee of 50 euros has been received.
How to apply
Send your score and audio file to our email (dutchguitarfoundation@gmail.
Put «Application – Composition Contest» as the subject.
Transfer the fee of 50 euros to bank account:
Account holder: Stichting Dutch Guitar Foundation
Account number: NL83 INGB 0007 7579 44
You will receive an email that your application has been received.