Applications will open soon.
The possibilities of the guitar are endless. The poetry that these six strings can create goes beyond words. We want to encourage composers to write for the classical guitar by organizing our third Composition Contest! Composers from all over the world, regardless of age, are more than welcome to apply. Take a look at the rules below, and let us know if you have any questions!
Information & Rules
- The composition has to be for solo classical guitar.
- The duration of the piece can be max. 8 minutes in one or more movements.
- The composition has to be unpublished.
- All nationalities and ages can apply.
- Composers may submit more than one work, but they have to register and pay for them separately.
- An audio recording (midi file or live recording) of the composition needs to be sent in alongside the written score.
- The jury will consist of several internationally acclaimed guitarists and composers with the renowned Stephen Goss as jury president.
- The composer’s name will be anonymous to the jury.
- The application is only valid after the registration fee of 50 euros has been received.
- The winner gets offered a publishing contract with the Dutch contemporary publisher; Donemus.
- The winning work will be premiered at Groningen Guitar Festival 2023.
- A video recording of the piece will be published on all of DGF’s online platforms.
- A cash prize of 500 euros.
- More prizes to be announced!
How to participate
Send the sheet music and the audio file to us via email (email@example.com). Do not include your name in both files.
The subject of the mail is: “Application – Composition Contest”
Transfer the amount of 50 euros to our bank account:
Account holder: Dutch Guitar Foundation
Account number: NL83 INGB 0007 7579 44
BIC code: INGBNL2A
under indication of ‘composition contest 2023′
You will receive a confirmation e-mail when the application is complete.